Aug 27th to September 5th 2020
The Taprobana 4×4 Challenge is the flagship event of the Four Wheel Drive Club organized annually since 2004. The event is held in the month of September each year, catering to 4×4 vehicles of multiple categories, such as Touring Class and Extreme Class events that challenge man and machine. The event is a series of off road obstacles to overcome and points are earned upon completion of the same presenting a competition for off road enthusiasts. The event has evolved since 2004 to a week-long excursion where the competition is held over three locations presenting various terrains to compete. This event has international participants and international media as well.
Flag off 27th Augist 2020 -The event kicks off with a promotion in Colombo at a prominent location creating the hype for the event by displaying all participant vehicles and an inspection process called scrutinizing to ensure the mandatory safety aspects required is in place. Also this inspection includes the required branding on the vehicles are in place and a ceremonial flag off is done for the benefit of the sponsors, media and the introduction of the participants.
Transport Stage – 28th Augist 2020
Extreme Class 4×4 Vehicles and their Support Vehicles will be transported by Train to Beliatta along the southern coastal line. An adventurous journey for both foreign and local participants, not only view the beauty of Sri Lanka but also promote Sri Lanka as an adventure destination and the event.
Sappers Stage – 29th-30th August 2020
The first Leg of the event is held at Tunkama-Embilpitiya at the Sri Lanka Army School of Engineering. This is a man-made track with obstacles emulating various terrains of Sri Lanka packed in to an arena style stadium with VIP Sections, Corporate Boxes, and Public Gallery. This stage is aimed at catering for a spectator base of 10,000 people with an amazing infrastructure build to showcase the prowess of Sri Lanka Military Engineers.
Spill Stage – 1st -3rd September 2020
The second leg of the event is moved to Uda Walawe Dam Spill Area. 40 acres of natural obstacles is challenged during the 2 days. The obstacles are naturally formed each year when the Dam Spill is open and the 4×4 foot print is washed away each year at the same time maintain a balance with nature.
Saru Stage -4th & 5th September 2020
The third and the final stage is held in Godakawela, at the Saru Blue Saphire hotel private property. This 100 acre hilly estate is the location for the final showdown where a natural obstacles are challenged with access to spectators. This 2 days stage is held in the back yard of the hotel, and the night stay in the luxury of the hotel, proving a taste of good food and the luxury of a hotel room
Event Entry Fee: USD 1000 includes all accommodation as per event schedule listed below and car carrier charges. Extra Days prior and post event hotels not covered.
- Thu 27th Aug – Opening Ceremony – Flag off – Colombo – Load Car Carrier – Hotel Colombo
- Fri 28th Aug – Transport Day – Beliatta Unload Cars – Camp Site 1- Meals Provided
- Sat 29th Aug – Lane 1 –Dual Lane SS – Main Spectator Track – Practice Day Campsite 1
- Sun 30th Aug – Lane 2 – Dual Lane SS – Main Spectator Track – Race Day
- Mon31st Aug – Stage 2 – Location 2 – SS 3-6 – Campsite 2 – Meals Provided
- Tue 1st Sep – Stage 2 – Location 2 – SS 7-10 – Campsite 2 – Meals Provided
- Wed 2nd Sep – Stage 2 – Location 2 – SS 11-12 –Campsite 2 – Meals Provided
- Thu 3rd Sep – Stage 3 – Location 3 – Transport & Service Day – Hotel – Meals Provided.
- Fri 4th Sep – Stage 3 – Location 3 – SS 13-16 – Hotel – Meals Provided
- Sat 5th Sep – Stage 3 – Location 3 – SS 17-18 – Hotel – Awards Night Meals Provided
- Sun 6th –Sep – Transport – to Colombo – Car Carrier and Unload in the evening – Hotel Colombo
Vehicle Rental :-
Download Event Rules and Regulations :-
Download Entry Form :-
TOUR PACKAGE – 1 (5 NIGHTS / 6 DAYS) – USD 250 Twin Sharing
- 26th Aug – Airport / Colombo – Colombo Hotel (HB half board)
- 27th Aug – Colombo- Sappers 4×4 Flag Off/ (Sight Seeing & Shopping)
- 28th Aug– Transfer – Udawalawe via Ratnapura –Nildiya Hotel (HB)
- 29th Aug– Udawalawe National Park Safari – 4×4 Jeep Hire
- 30th Aug – Embilipitiya – 4×4 Event -Return to Negombo- C Hotel (HB)
- 1st Sep – Negombo/ Airport
- Transport Inclusions
- Transfers by Mini Coach (10 to 15 pax) OR a 33 seater (16 – 20 pax)
- Airport assistance
- 2 water bottles per person per day
- Toll fee + parking
- English Speaking Chauffeur Driver
TOUR PACKAGE – 2 (7 NIGHTS / 8 DAYS) – USD 350 Twin Sharing
Transport Itinerary : Tour Package 1 PLUS
- 1st Sep – Embilipitiya – 4×4 Event –Transfer to EKHO Safari –Tissa (HB)
- 2nd Sep – Yala National Park – 4×4 Jeep EKHO Safari-Tissa (HB)
- 3rd Sep –Return to Negombo via Matara -Hotel C (HB)
- 4th Sep – Negombo / Airport
TOUR PACKAGE – 3 (8 NIGHTS / 9 DAYS) – USD 450 Twin Sharing
Transport Itinerary : Tour Package 1& 2 PLUS
- 3rd Sep – Uda Walawe 4×4 Event Leg 2–Transfer OwinRich –Godakawela (HB)
- 4th Sep – Godakawela 4×4 Event Leg 3 OwinRich HotelGodakawela – (HB)
- 5th Sep – Godakawela 4×4 Event Leg3 – Awards Night
- 6th Sep –Return to Negombo -Hotel Colombo C (HB)
- 7th Sep – Negombo / Airport